The prevalence of social media videos on Instagram Stories, TikTok and Snapchat has significantly reduced the average audience’s attention span.
Today, if you want to make your point you need to do it fast and with a punch. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean you need something fancy. In fact, the focus of your video needs to be on creating an emotional connection between the viewer and your brand.
Combine great visuals, customer testimonials, man on the street interviews, built-in captions, smooth transitions and excellent graphics to create a powerful brand video. Your marketing video will mostly be used for a social media ad, so keep in mind that you need to hook in the audience in the first 3 seconds or less.
Every social media network varies based on the audience’s age and profession. But if you focus on serving the lowest common denominator, you’ll hone in on the right approach. On average, most of the audience will stop watching sponsored ad content after 3-5 seconds. And those who are not in your direct target audience will simply scroll by without even glancing at your efforts.
So how do you make the audience stop and take notice?
Here are 5 tips on making a great marketing video:
- Keep the story focused: Your brand shines through the most when your customer is happy. Showcase customer testimonials or conduct man on street videos to make your point.
- Inverted pyramid: In journalism, the most important news starts at the top. Your video needs to hook the audience almost immediately through questions, intriguing headlines or the promise of a big reward at the end of the clip.
- Be funny: It pays to be funny. Customers buy more when they’re laughing with you. If humor is not part of your brand identity, then you can always go with a heartfelt approach. Being genuine immediately showcases your trustworthiness to the customer.
- Be informative: Do customers usually use your product in the wrong way? Are there secret ways or multiple uses for your goods? Is there something that would benefit the consumer that they don’t know yet? Inform them through your video!
- Be SEO savvy – A good story won’t get heard on the Internet unless it is tagged with the right keywords. If you want your video to go viral on YouTube then optimize every piece of your content.
Follow the above tips to create a perfect marketing video and if you need help Snippies is always standing by waiting to jump in!